The DG1 General Purpose Drives are part of the Eaton next-generation PowerXL series of adjustable frequency drives specifically engineered for today’s more demanding commercial and industrial applications. With an industry-leading energy efficiency algorithm, high short-circuit current rating and robust design, the DG1 offers customers increased efficiency, safety and reliability.
The PowerXL DG1 is next generation global general purpose adjustable frequency drive engineered for today’s most demanding applications with product features to match or exceed normal feature sets and a strong global support network.
- Ease of use: Startup Wizard, PC Tool software, four built-in applications, diagnostics, local/remote button, removable keypad with copy/paste functionality
- Ease of use design prevents from specialist-trainings.
- Quick-Start Menu with similar structure and content as with all other PowerXL drives
- Space-saving design: Compact size, open Type 12 option, on-board communication and I/O. Small footprint with already included DC-choke saves cabinet space.
- Efficiency: Active energy control algorithm, 5% DC choke, input surge protection, EMI/RFI filter built-in
- Rugged and reliable: High overload (CT) and low overload (VT) rated, conformal coated boards, brake chopper circuit, durable metal power section, 50°C rating (60°C de-rating), removable keypad rated IP54
- Global acceptance: UL®, CE, cUL®, RoHS, C-Tick, UkrSEPRO, EAC
- Communicative: Onboard-Protocols for the following Networks:
- Modbus RTU
- Modbus TCP
- Ethernet IP
- Bacnet MS/TP
- 230 V up to 310 A, 90 kW/125 HP
- 480 V up to 310 A, 160 kW/250 HP
- 75 V up to 250 A, 160 kW/250 HP.
Type 1/IP21 or Type 12/IP54 packaging
- Communication modules (PROFIBUS, PROFINET, CANopen, DeviceNet, etc.)
- I/O expansions
- Ext. keypad
- Motor reactors
- Sine-wave filters
- Brake resistors
- Power Xpert inControl parameter software
Power Xpert inControl PC software is designed for programming, controlling and monitoring of the DG1 drives. Features include loading parameters that can be saved to a file or printed, setting references, starting and stopping the motor, monitoring signals in graphical or text form, and real-time display.
Eaton’s one installer is used to install / uninstall Eaton’s Power Xpert inControl PC configuration software. PowerXL DG1 Power Xpert One Installer Release Note
Drive Firmware Download
PowerXL DG1 Firmware Bundle V0030
Includes firmware files, release notes, and the PC firmware upgrade tool for V427 control boards. If Parameter P21.2.3 begins with "1.02" this is the latest available version.
PowerXL DG1 Firmware Bundle V0028_B
Includes firmware files, release notes, and the PC firmware upgrade tool for V407 control boards. If P21.2.3 begins with "1.01" this is the latest possible version. This board does not support V0030 or higher Firmware packages.
PowerXL DG1 Product Training
This training is designed to take and in depth look at the PowerXL DG1 adjustable frequency drive series. It gives a product overview, a breakdown of the hardware features, discusses the software advantages, gives an overview of the Power Xpert inControl PC configuration software, and outlines the documentation and sales tools available for the product.
PowerXL DG1 Commissioner Update Training
This training is designed to give Eaton certified drive commissioners updated certification status for the PowerXL DG1 adjustable frequency drive. It discusses product installation, wiring, I/O, communications, Power Xpert inControl PC configuration software, and commission procedures. It also gives the requirements in addition to this course to update your commissioner status.
PowerXL DG1 Commissioner Update Form
For those with active commissioner status that have attended a full commissioner training course in the past, completion of this training and registration will update your commissioner status to include certification for the PowerXL DG1 general-purpose adjustable frequency drive.
Variable Frequency Drive Commissioner Training This training program is designed for those involved in the installation, programming, and commissioning of Eaton’s variable frequency drive products.